James Well Demographics (SA) Local Stats

James Well (5571) is a suburb of Spencer Gulf, Yorke Peninsula, South Australia. It is about 81 kms from SA's capital city of Adelaide. James Well is in the federal electorate of Grey.

In the 2011 census the population of James Well was 63 and is comprised of approximately 47.6% females and 52.4% males.

The median/average age of the population of James Well is 66 years of age.

61.3% of people living in the suburb of James Well were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 12.9% Germany, 11.3% England, 6.5% Netherlands.

93.4% of people living in James Well speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 6.6% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of James Well is 24.6% Anglican, 21.3% Uniting Church, 18.0% No religion, 16.4% Catholic, 11.5% Religious affiliation not stated, 8.2% Lutheran.

68.9% of people are married, 11.5% have never married and 14.8% are divorced and 0.0% are separated. There are 3 widowed people living in James Well.

53.3% of the people living in James Well over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 46.7% are working on a part time basis. James Well has an unemployment rate of 0.0%.

The main occupations of people living in James Well are 37.5% Technicians & trades workers, 31.2% Community & personal service workers, 31.2% Managers.

The main industries people from James Well work in are 33.3% Agriculture, forestry and fishing, 33.3% Construction, 33.3% Health care and social assistance.

82.1% of homes are fully owned, and 17.9% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 0.0% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $350 per week and the median household income is $619 per week.

The median rent in James Well is $0 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $477 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for James Well postcode 5571

  • Qpzm LocalStats South Australia Suburb of the Day: Pinnaroo 5304 -> Mid North -> South Australia